Getting Ready for Your MRI Visit
There are generally no special preparations or dietary instructions you need to follow before your study. However, we do recommend:
How to Prepare
- Food and Drinks: Eat normally, but limit liquids such as coffee and other caffeinated beverages, as you will be required to lie still during the exam.
- Medication: Take medications as directed unless otherwise instructed.
- Metal and Jewelry: Remove or leave at home all metal, including jewelry, hairpins and watches. A secure locker is provided for personal articles.
- Make-Up: Avoid wearing make-up and hairspray, especially if you are having an MRI or MRA of the brain or eye area.
- Previous Scans: Bring any prior studies (MRI, CT, x-ray, ultrasound) of the same body part being scanned.
- Special Instructions: If required, any special instructions will be provided when your appointment is scheduled.
What to Bring
At the time of your visit, you will be asked to provide:
- Proof of insurance
- Photo identification
- Prescription or order
- Any prior studies (MRI, CT, x-ray, ultrasound) of the same area of the body being scanned
- Pre-registration forms (PDF) such as the medical questionnaire, that you may have downloaded from our website and filled out
Missing information may require that we reschedule your appointment. We request that co-payments, co-insurance and deductibles be paid at this time.